Theobald Friedrich Böhm
- Born at the 9th of april 1794 in Munich, being the oldest of 11 children of the goldsmith Karl Friedrich Böhm
- Starting about 1800 to learn the flageolett
- 1802 changing to the flute
- 1810 sells his instrument after building his own flute with four keys (being inspired by Grenser)
- 1810-1812 lessons from Capeller and work with him on the enhancement of the flute.
- Since 1812 second job being first flutist at the Isarthor theatre in Munich (Main job goldsmith)
- 1.6.1818 employment as flutist at the royal court orchestra in Munich.
- 1818-1820 study of composition ander Grätz and of instrumentation ander Stuntz.
- On the 30th of october 1820 married to Anna Rohrleitner (1796-1875) in Munich
- 11.12.1820 debut in Munich playing a composition of his own (concerto in G major dedicated to forstenau)
- 1821-1822 tour through Germany
- 1822 birth of the first daughter, Maria
- 1823 birth of the first son, Ludwig
- 1823/24 tour through Germany with Molique
- 1825 birth of the second son, Karl (wrote a chronicle of the family)
- 1826-1827 tour through Switzerland and the south of Germany
- 1827 birth of the third son, Theobald
- june - august 1828 tour through Austria and northern Italy
- At the beginning of october 1828 setting-up of his own flute workshop
- 1829 birth of the fourth son, Wilhelm
- 1830 birth of the fifth son, Max
- 1831 birth of the sixth son, August
- 1831 tour through France and England, meeting with Gordon
- 1832 manufacture of the first flute with ring keys
- 25.4.1833 concert at the Odeon using the new flute
- Since 1833 work on a new type of piano in cooperation with Schafhäutl, metallurgic experiments.
- 1833-1834 visit of Gordon, who has his own flute types manufactured at Böhms workshop
- 1837 birth of the seventh son, Otto, getting ennobled later on.
- 8.5.1837 presentation of his new flute at the academy of sciences in Paris
- 1.1.1839 nomination for the first class chevalier of the bavarian order of merit of the holy Michael
- 1839 end of his flute manufacturing in order to spend more time for other activities
- 1840 arrangement with Godfroy, Rudall and Rose, who are going to proceed in producing his flute type.
- In 1843 his "Patentflute" is being published.
- august - november 1845 Moritz forstenau is taking lessons from Böhm.
- 1846-47 study of acustics at the university of Munic.
- 1846 decision to build cylindrical flutes.
- 1847 book: "Über den flutenbau and die neuesten Verbesserungen desselben"
- In the same year reopening of his workshop and manufacture of the first flute made of metal
- 1855: at the world exposition in Paris presentation of his flute and his book.
- Celebration of the polytechnichal association of Munich in favor of Böhm.
- 1871 second book: "Die flute and das flutenspiel in akustischer, technischer and artistischer Beziehung"
- Died on the 25th of november 1881 in Munich
- Burial on the 27th of November 1881 at the south cemetery.
- Contemporaries judged Böhms timbre higher than that of Drouet and forstenau. Only in technical aspects he couldn`t cope with those.